Shawn Thomas Berthel, M.S., LCMHC
If you are seeking services, I offer professional Clinical Mental Health Counseling services to individuals, couples, and families, as well as (when arranged) various clinical assessments and reports based on those assessments. I can also provide you as a prospective client with typical counseling services that might be requested by the local courts. I have a special interest in working with clients who are under educated; of senior age; veterans; or who are part of the lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer (LGBTQ) community. I have been in professional counseling practice since December 5, 2013, and I have been in private practice since October 6, 2016.
The experience you receive in counseling in this practice will be a time of supportive growth and change, and you will be treated with unconditional positive regard. I have been both humbled and honored to have provided effective counseling assistance to many different clients from various life circumstances, challenges, and situations – from the most mild issues to the more severe. It is a joy to see clients achieve their counseling goals and move forward in their lives. My experience includes working with clients in agencies for several years before entering private practice. I continually engage in research on new ways to help current clients and prospective clients like you, as well as participate in ongoing continuing education courses to further enhance my professional skills. This in turn, benefits the clients I humbly serve on their journey. I would be equally honored to be given an opportunity to assist you as well, if you are seeking services at this time.
In good mental health,
• Washington state Licensed [Clinical] Mental Health Counselor (LCMHC) – # LH60656550
• Ongoing CEU courses to advance clinical skills as required by Washington state.
• MS degree (w/ Honors) – Mental Health Counseling from Capella University, September 2012.
• BS degree – Philosophy from Excelsior College, May 2006.
• Capella University: “Graduation with Distinction” [Graduate Honors] (4.00 GPA)
• Capella University: President’s List (multiple quarters).
• Chi Sigma Iota – Counseling Academic & Professional Honor Society International (Life Member)
• National Dean’s List [Publication] (1999 – 2005)
• Psi Beta National Honor Society
• Phi Theta Kappa International Honor Society
• American Mental Health Counselors Association (AMHCA)
• Washington state Mental Health Counselors Association (WMHCA)
• National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI)
You can find out more about my practice style and other details, by exploring the other pages of this site.