Life Path Counseling, PLLC ([a] Professional Limited Liability Company), is a Mental Health Counseling private practice, located in University Place, Washington, and is managed by myself – Shawn Thomas Berthel, M.S., LMHC. The practice was officially registered in the state on October 6, 2016. The website for the practice “LifePathCounseling.com”, was officially launched on October 20, 2016.
I offer professional Clinical Mental Health Counseling services to individuals, couples, and families, as well as (when arranged) various clinical assessments and reports based on those assessments. I can also provide you as a prospective client with typical counseling services that might be requested by the local courts (when requested). I have a special interest in working with clients who are under educated; of senior age; veterans; or who are part of the lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer (LGBTQ) community.
I have been both humbled and honored to have worked with many different clients from many different life circumstances, challenges, and situations – ranging from low level depression to difficult levels of psychosis. In that work, I have been able to offer assistance and solutions to problems that have proven useful for individuals like you who have sought after that help. I have worked for two different agencies in a combined total of over three and a half years, before entering the private practice sector of the counseling profession. I also have an additional year of experience that was obtained during the clinical phase of my Master’s degree program. I continually engage in research on new ways to help current clients and prospective clients like you, as well as participate in ongoing continuing education courses to further enhance my professional skills. This in turn, benefits the clients I humbly serve on their journey. I would be equally honored to be given an opportunity to assist you as well, if you are seeking services at this time.
• Washington state Licensed Mental Health Counselor (LMHC) – # LH60656550
• MS degree (w/ Honors) – Mental Health Counseling from Capella University, September 2012.
• BS degree – Philosophy from Excelsior College, May 2006.
• Capella University: “Graduation with Distinction” [Graduate Honors] (4.00 GPA)
• Capella University: President’s List (multiple quarters).
• Chi Sigma Iota – Counseling Academic & Professional Honor Society International (Life Member)
• National Dean’s List [Publication] (1999 – 2005)
• Psi Beta National Honor Society
• Phi Theta Kappa International Honor Society
You can find out more about my practice style and other details, by going to the Therapy Philosophy & Approach page.